Engenda Group are responsible for a major contract in Saltend, Hull and looking for a Sub Contractor Manager to join the project team.
The ideal candidate will be available to start in early February and the position is expected to last for 6-8 months.
Responsible for: Assisting in the development of subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and/or services; Assists in the preparation of bid packages, bidders’ conferences, analysis and evaluation of proposals, negotiation of subcontract provisions, selection or recommendation of subcontractors and the writing of awards; The supervision and administration of resulting subcontracts, including the management of cost, schedule and performance parameters. Negotiating and coordinating additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts.
- The Sub Contract Manager will support the Project to ensure the large sub contract elements are performing in line with Project needs.
- Representing the company as a prime point of contact for subcontracts and related tasks.
- Manage complex subcontracts, including those with Spec / SOW-driven requirements, and other specific procurements as required.
- Prepare and release RFQs, receive, analyse and evaluate proposals, assist in negotiation of subcontract terms and conditions, select or recommend subcontractors, document agreements, administer resulting subcontracts/POs, including subcontract / PO closeout.
- Negotiate modifications to subcontracts, develop positive working relationships, and interface with suppliers via phone, email, or personal visits.
- Support the development and delivery of the subcontract Procurement Plan
- Supervised day to day subcontractor activities whilst on site in conjunction with the Project Construction Manager and Construction Superintendents.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Experience of working on Petrochemical or Oil and Gas sites/environments
- Experience managing supplier relationships and cross functional teams
- Strong commercial skills including: strong knowledge of contract management of subcontractors and contract forms; experience of fully setting up subcontracts; understanding of Terms and Conditions and bespoke contracts.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, fabrication, scaffolding and insulations works and associated QA processes and requirements.
- Excellent communications, negotiations, presentation, and documentation skills.
- Highly organised and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
- Able to lead groups in problem solving.
DESIRABLE SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge and experience of chemical/oil storage tank fabrication and construction.
- Cross-functional knowledge of Supplier Quality, Programmes and Engineering as they relate to subcontract management
- Ability to create and present using Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to interact with senior management and external personnel on significant matters, which often requires coordination between functional organisations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective in influencing and establishing positive relationships
- An understanding of project delivery in an EPC environment