Working within a multi discipline project office alongside other designers and engineers to help deliver complete instrument (control) and electrical (primarily LV) based designs for project managers, under the direction and guidance of a responsible control / electrical engineer / manager and/or for plant codal engineers. Responsibilities include:
• To work within a high SHE culture environment
• To carry out site based non-invasive instrument and electrical investigative work on running, potentially high hazard chemical production plants.
• To interpret and document those findings to solve engineering problems and to then present solutions and designs to senior engineers.
• To produce detailed engineering drawings, scopes, schematics and other engineering documents using a range of software packages.
• To have a good understanding or appreciation of a range of vintages of instrumentation components, including sensor, conversion, barrier, data acquisition, control and final elements and the impact on design.
• To be able to specify, select, procure and expedite instrument and electrical equipment.
• To have a defined understanding or appreciation of 61508 (Functional safety) and 61511 (Engineering safety instrumented systems) and the impact on design.
• To have a defined understanding or appreciation of ATEX with respect to design.
• To have a detailed understanding of (LV) electrical systems, including final circuits and drives.
To have a good appreciation of LV distribution. To be aware of Primary HV and LV distribution.
• To be able to use Amtech prodesign (Trimble) software to prove by calculation cable and fuse sizes for multi board circuits.
• To be conversant with standard office software packages (MS word, Excel).
• To be self-motivating with self-organising and prioritisation skills.
• To confidently complete design work To be capable of working as part of a team, or in isolation generally under the direction and guidance of a responsible control / electrical engineering manager.
• To confidently complete design work and know to ask for assistance if and when required.